Saturday, June 13, 2026

Last night after work:

Squats
325 x 5
375 x 5
425 x 6
Strip-sets of 405x3, 315x8, 225x8, 135x8

Reverse-hyper single leg curls
270 x 25

Standing band crunches: 30
Full-contact twists: 45 x 20 (10 turning left, 10 turning right)

My knees felt a little achy tonight, but whatever overtraining that did that also made the weight feel stupidly light. I'm thinking of giving them a break by swapping out the narrow stance SSB squats I've been doing for sets of 10 after mat pulls for box squats with heavier weight for sets of 5.

Today was a good mix of activity and leisure. Went on a 1 hour fasted walk in the morning and actually found a new hiking trail close to my house. After coming back and eating a big breakfast of 8 eggs, 3 slices of Canadian bacon, oatmeal with berries, and coffee, I did a few rounds of shadowboxing with the Fist of the North Star boxing game and then swam laps in the pool.

I'm dealing with left foot pain from that barefoot run a week ago. I can run and skip rope, but I'm trying to let this heal up so I'm doing both activities a bit less.

No comments:

Post a Comment