Got in more light sparring on Monday. First partner was an older guy who tends to get tired and third partner was a short girl, but second partner I went up against was fairly skilled and a volume puncher who threw almost nonstop. He seemed skilled but tended to leave his body open so I took the opportunity to throw a lot of jabs and straights to his midsection, which interrupted his rhythm. Body hooks missed at first but once I found my range and committed to infighting, I was landing them (albeit lightly).
Ended doing some medicine ball slams. People were dying from this despite my medicine ball being 14 lbs vs everyone else's 8. I did downgrade to the 8 when we had to move around in a circle with directional changes called out and exercises like holding a squat stance for 30 seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment