Monday, July 20, 2026

 Mat pulls (2)
475 x 8

Sandbag front squats
200 x 15

Bar kept hitting a gnarled tree branch that extended from my patio frame down to my feet. Had to pull dead-stop a couple of reps as the bar got bumped out in front of me. Great showing of brute strength and IDGAF spirit. Earlier in this cycle, when I was still very tentative about pulling touch-and-go, it would have killed the set for me by losing momentum. For my next week when deadlifting from the floor, I may do it inside on flat ground to eliminate mishaps.

I was content with just one set of sandbag squats (chosen due to their lack of set-up requirement). Pulling touch-and-go with a narrow stance works the legs more than traditional deadlifting and I'm a 210 lb guy doing hill sprints and bodyweight squats in boxing, plus I want to fit in ABCs somewhere this week, so my legs are getting worked plenty outside of my dedicated squat day.

Also wanted to mention that I was in San Francisco on Saturday for a birthday and we went a vintage game and arcade center by the water that had a collection of games from the 1920s and '30s, including this grip test machine. There was also Pong and some 90s arcade cabinets, so I got to end the night with X-Men vs Street Fighter



No comments:

Post a Comment