Boxing was a big class yesterday. I notice that class size swells when the weather gets a little cooler.
Although I don't log the 3 rounds of jumping rope every single class, I have to mention something really interesting. My back has grown from doing more strongman training this year while I've gained weight, and as a result my arms are further out from my sides. This is making me miss more from the rope not clearing my feet. I can easily adjust the handles to give me more rope to skip with, but it's an awesome problem to encounter.
We dove right into light sparring next. I had just watched a video of Dmitry Bivol so I practiced circling constantly while keeping distance control via a constant jab and an outstretched arm. This seemed to flummox people and they'd block the first jab or two only to get caught when another one landed. I'm also getting proficient at tracking people side-stepping or pivoting to my left and having them run into my left hook. And I threw more bodyshots this time because I noticed that I was headhunting last week.
Rest of the class were partner combos. I partnered with a friend who's on the master's boxing team and he likes to drill hard and fast, which is great. My conditioning was getting tested during these drills, although I didn't gas out.
In work news, we hired a new driver so I will not be running deliveries except on Fridays. I'm back to being a desk jockey.
No comments:
Post a Comment