Tragically lost a long write-up I had completed, but the top set of the workout was hitting 210x3 on log clean and press, which is a PR. I actually went for a 4th but I didn’t like the way my back felt on that 4th clean and the log ended up sitting low on my chest, so I let it drop. Wore my Cerberus grip shirt for the first time training the log and I couldn’t turn my belt around with it on, so I opted to leave it facing forward and it definitely contributed to the weak 4th clean rep - the log was further out on my legs than normal before rolling it up. In the future, I’d rather stick with the backwards lever belt and no grip shirt. I can always bust out the shirt in competition and have someone from my entourage clasp the belt from behind. I prefer not to wear it backwards under the shirt as the lever digs into my back.
Boxing yesterday started with partner shadowboxing, but this time it was without gloves so it truly was contactless and not light sparring like Monday. Traded some basic combos, did 2 rounds on the bag, footwork drills, and ended with ab work. Quite a lot of varied things in 1 hour.
Knees seem to be complete pain-free now, although the real test will be squat day. Have been doing backwards treadmill walks on a broken treadmill at work during my lunch break for knee rehab.
No comments:
Post a Comment