Wednesday, September 30, 2026

I worked up to squatting 275x8 yesterday before shutting it down, as the pain in my thigh started getting louder and louder. It went away about 20 minutes after finishing and I had no issue walking up stairs like I did on Saturday when this first reared its head, thankfully. It feels like the bottom stretch of the squat is what exacerbates it so my next plan of attack are box squats. Belt squats should also be fine, since the way I do them off the floor has the ground stopping the weight. 

I always drag my feet about doing belt squats because they feel so unsatisfying compared to bar squats, but because I can do high reps with very heavy weight, they always seem to make my bar squat stronger. As I write this, I'm thinking I should take this as a sign to do them more.

In other news, I scored a TON of recently expired drinks from work. We have 3 pallets worth that we can't sell but taste perfectly fine. Took home a bunch of RTD grass-fed protein shakes and energy drinks, with more to come. I actually want to be mindful about moderating my intake of all this; I'm not a big energy drink guy since I prefer coffee and I prefer powder to RTDs with their gums and preservatives. Also don't want to be megadosing on artificial sweeteners everyday, either

No comments:

Post a Comment