Tuesday, June 16, 2026

 Went to boxing and managed to survive with my injured foot on the jump rope rounds. Went a little slow and gingerly, but I was even able to do high knees for the last 30 seconds each round. 

Spent the rest of the class doing light sparring. Ostensibly it was "shadowbox sparring" but everyone took it to the point of light contact. Since I "officially" can't spar until I get a new physical on file, I felt like I had hit the jackpot in picking this day to go to class. The first round was freestyle, but we soon changed it up by doing jabs only, then 1-2s only. Different partner each round. One of my sparring partners encouraged me to try a high jab, low jab, right body hook, and left head hook combo, which I'll continue to drill on my own.

Worked with the coach on the final round due to there being an odd number of people and having no partner. We had 30 seconds each to throw hooks at each other. I noticed how much better I am at throwing explosively but light. My hooks started fast but landed soft.

Ended with rounds on the heavy bag mixed with push-ups, mountain climbers, and jumping lunges. I was tired by this point, but not gassed. I was able to recover between rounds. A 60 second plank concluded class.

While walking out, I noticed the sparring coach sitting on the bleachers. I said hi to him and mentioned that I want to get back into hard sparring. He said good because they could use me.

Came home and had an awesome homemade dinner of Thai red curry with salmon and brown rice that my girlfriend cooked. She had also prepared 6 meal prep bowls of it for my week. I already made ground bison bowls to last me this week, so that makes a ton of good food ready to go in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment