Thursday, June 4, 2026

Wrote this yesterday but neglected to post:

Squats
350 x 3
405 x 3
450 x 4
Strip-sets of 405x4, 315x8, 225x8, 135x8

Reverse-hyper single leg curls
270 x 20

Great session. 450 felt light and I left some reps in the tank, but still wanted 1 extra for my 3 week on 3/5/1. I haven’t done those strip-sets in awhile because there was one notable time when I had baaad back pain after doing them combined with bending over the reverse-hyper afterwards. The insidious part was the pain occurring an hour later, giving me no warning signs during the workout. I was cautious with the leg curls this time, keeping my torso more upright than when I do reverse-hyper extensions and only going for 1 set instead of 3. I also made sure to work my back with a massage gun during and after the workout. I feel great after all that.

Had a little bit of left knee pain once I started going over 225, but it was minor. I hadn’t felt it feels like it was caused by a week of squatting slow and narrow during my deload, both with the SSB and during front squats.

Also, before work I did a 3 minute jump-rope round, but I did high knees for the last 15 seconds at the end of each minute until the final third, which was 30 seconds of high knees. Did the high knees faster than normal, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment